Our mission and values
Our mission is to help our clients make distinctive, lasting, and substantial improvements in their performance and to build a great firm that attracts, develops, excites, and retains exceptional people.
We believe we will be successful if our clients are successful.
Solving the hardest problems requires the best people. We think that the best people will be drawn to the opportunity to work on the hardest problems. We build our firm around that belief. These two parts of our mission reinforce each other and make our firm strong and enduring.
We are a values-driven organization. We are a family owned business and our values are driven through the thinking of our family values who was a major force in shaping the firm. Our values have been updated in small ways to reflect the changing times. They inform both our long-term strategy as a firm and the way we serve our clients on a daily basis. We put aside time to reflect as a group on what our values mean to both our work and our lives.
Adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards
- Put client interests first
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards
- Preserve client confidences
- Maintain an independent perspective
- Manage client and firm resources cost-effectively
Improve our clients’ performance significantly
- follow the top-management approach
- bring innovations in management practice to clients
- build client capabilities to sustain improvement
- build enduring relationships based on trust
Create an unrivaled environment for exceptional people
- be nonhierarchical and inclusive
- sustain a caring meritocracy
- develop one another through apprenticeship and mentoring
- uphold the obligation to dissent
- govern ourselves as a “one firm ” partnership